Dear NDAA members, affiliates and friends,
I wanted to let you know that after 4 ½ years with the NDAA as Campaign and Partnership Manager and subsequently Executive Lead, I have decided the time has come for me to move to pastures new. My last day will be 10th October.
I am so proud of everything that has been achieved by the NDAA members and Secretariat, particularly:
- 93% of acute hospital trusts in England signing up to the Dementia Friendly Hospital Charter
- The production of a poster of the Charter for people living with dementia and carers
- 4th year of partnering with the organisers of Dementia Congress to arrange an acute hospital lead day
- Producing an impact report to showcase our members achievements
- Our From Seldom Heard to Seen and Heard campaign – producing our recommendations and taking our message to the world and presenting at Alzheimer’s Disease International
- Working with people living with dementia and carers to arrange our most inclusive annual conference ever.
- Becoming a member of the Dementia Programme Board (first meeting next month!) to represent our members to government
The work all the members produce is truly inspiring and this is shown by the action plans and annual report contributions we receive. It has been a privilege to work with such dedicated people and I particularly want to thank all of the people living with dementia and carers who have contributed so much and supported us with every piece of work we do.
“Everything the NDAA do is in partnership with people living with dementia, carers and our members.”
Please continue to submit your wonderful work to the Secretariat to promote in newsletters and online. Our alliance is stronger than it has ever been and together we can use our influence to make sure we are advocating for people living with dementia and carers.
Please bear with the wonderful Secretariat team while they are one staff member down. Any queries should be sent to NDAA@alzheimers.org.uk and a member of the team will be able to deal with your email.
Wishing you all the very best for the future,