- Organisation Name
- Organisation Summary
Our organisation – Shift 8 – produces the Tovertafel. The Tovertafel, which means Magic Table in English, is a game for people with mid-to-late stage dementia, encouraging them to instinctively participate in order to stimulate both physical and social activity. The game consists of interactive light animations which are projected on any table and which motivate the mind and inspire those living with dementia to be active. The Magic Table was developed during the ongoing PhD research of our Dutch friend Hester Le Riche in collaboration with dementia care homes and therefore closely matches their needs and capabilities. A video made was recently featured on the BBC Website: https://tovertafel.co.uk/nieuwsbericht/tovertafel-featured-on-the-bbc-website/. You can also find more information on our products for adults with severe learning difficulties and children with autism at the following link: http://www.tovertafel.co.uk.
- What sectors does your organisation work in?
- Why is your organisation committed to the NDAA and the Dementia Statements?
Why is your organisation committed to the Dementia Action Alliance and National Dementia Declaration? *
Our organisation wants to radically improve the lives of people living with dementia, particularly those living with mid-to-late stage dementia. We are committed to the Dementia Action Alliance because we want to:
– publically declare this aim;
– publically give our full support to the National Dementia Declaration and the new Dementia Statements; and
– connect and share best practice with others who share these goals.